Saturday, November 01, 2014

My Chik V

I was so overwhelmed with my Chik V
Though to me she remains a mystery,
I met her during the course of this year,
She is a chick I have learned to fear.

She came upon me quite haphazardly
And in no time captured me completely,
I am not the same since that encounter
And poorer in health for having met her.
   
From my ankles she moved up my shins,
Up to my knees trying to be my friend,
Reached my hips, caused me to freeze,
Reached my sides, gave me a squeeze.


Hampered my back with a loving ache,
Cooled me down and caused me to shake,
Turned my eyes red with blood shot love,
Caressed me from toe to my head above.


I was so very fixated with this Chik V
And she seemed to want to marry me,
From the start it was her love at first sight,
She overpowered me with all her might.

I understood her infatuation; I really did,
For her mystifying ways I definitely slid
Until I could not even move my finger
But a while longer she continued to linger.


I wondered when she would let me go
This Chik V loved me more and more,
For two whole weeks she won't let me turn,
From every joint her love for me did burn.


I had heard about her past love affairs
But felt I was strong, she won't come near,
But she came on me when I least expected
And took control though I stiffly rejected.

She made a child out of this strong man,
She crippled me so I couldn't lift a hand,
I even drank portions of varying tastes,
Paw-paw leaf juice; you should see my face.


That thing was bitter, very bitter for days
But Chik V was worse; she had her ways,
She weakened my resolve and still held on,
When next I checked three weeks had gone.

Eventually I was down, crawling on all fours
Trying to use my head to open doors,
A difficult feat to sit on the toilet bowl,
My Chik V was hurting me to my soul.

If only I could trick her and get her to leave,
If only some movement I could retrieve,
I would fire this chick; I mean I would,
This Chik V was definitely up to no good.

Four weeks had now come and passed,
Looked Like Chik V would leave at last,
Getting ready then to resume my past life
Chik V was more horrible than a bad wife.

Whacks again!  And Chik V came back!
With vengeance it seemed, another slap,
She must have liked me quite a lot,
I was the longest she had stayed in one spot.

Six weeks passed then she left this guy,
While she stayed, there was many a sigh,
But when she had left, I was so happy!
Finally, at last, Id gotten rid of Chik V.

One morning I woke and found her gone,
That was the most relief since I was born,
I would not wish her on my worst enemy,
Shes coming your way; you wait and see!


I still fail to see how a tiny mosquito
Could affect a big man from head to toe
And cause him to moan like a little child,
Cut a strong man down to meek and mild.


That mosquito is like a pastor, very priestly
And will marry you off to Miss Chik V,
She will disable you and ruin your life,
She doesnt even care if you have a wife.

She is no respecter of woman or man,
Women too have suffered at her hand,
Just a little bite, yes; the one you ignore
And you will be in pain; I mean pain galore.

 
She is Chikungunya but Chik V for short,
If she catches you she will make you snort,
Her name, difficult to pronounce, trouble to spell
And whom she will strike next, no one can tell.

 
A word to the wise is sufficient, so heed!
Stop all mosquitoes! Dont let them breed.
Or else you will have a date with my Chik V
And youll regret it; just you wait and see.




Stewart Russell © 2014

1 comment: