Monday, September 30, 2024

Miss

 

A Miss Is as Good as a Mile, 1938' Giclee Print | AllPosters.com

 

Today let’s talk about ‘miss’

No, not a single-lady

But a slip-up, an omission

Or a golden opportunity.

 

A failing to perceive or catch

With the senses or the mind,

To lose or to overlook

Even a slipping up on time.

 

A missing of one’s step

That can produce a stumble or a fall,

A misstep, we shall call this,

That is: a temporary stall.

 

With no Waze or Google

When a location searching out,

We can miss the gap we wanted

And go on around-about.

 

That was my experience

Just yesterday,

I gave Waze wrong information

And actually lost my way.

 

What a golden opportunity

Some people miss

When they proceed the wrong way

As though ignorance is bliss!

 

Quarrel | brainytods

 

A huge quarrel it was

Caused by a misunderstanding,

Neither saw the other’s point

But both were still demanding.

 

I have a great nephew

With whom I am working,

He makes careless mistakes in Math

Base on miscalculation.

 

If this is not corrected

He will miss his school of choice,

A terrible miss it will be!

Let me lower my voice.

 

A missing of the mark!

A biblical definition for sin,

However, Jesus calls all and sundry

Inviting them to come to him.

 

每日一句】Daily Sentence (2018-5-1) — Steemit

 

“A miss is good as a mile”

Maybe you are familiar with this,

It doesn’t matter how close,

A miss is still a miss.

 

I miss my father and mother;

They both have passed away,

They are constantly in my memory

Each and every day.

 

She mistyped the information

Causing much confusion

Not to mention the consternation

Re the incorrect conclusion.

 

It was the worker’s fault

That he missed the early train

And as far as everybody could see,

He had only himself to blame.

 

“There is something missing”

This always tickles me

Or somebody turns up missing,

Now tell me, how can this be?

 

There is a sense also

In which to miss is an escape:

“Luckily, I missed the hurricane.”

That was great at any rate!

 

Mistyped, miscalculate, miscount,

Mis-average and mistake,

Misjudge, mis-analyze, misinform,

Misquote especially here of late.

 

Forgetfulness depends upon time of day

 

It’s either lost or misplaced:

A common old age tendency,

Alzheimer’s disease or forgetfulness,

Or just plain senility.

 

I have diligently tried

Not to misinterpret or misquote

But if you see any miscarriage of justice,

Please, I beg you, drop me a note.

 

By the way I have missed two:

Mislead and misdirect,

We should not do either of these

Knowing it to be incorrect.

 

Stewart Russell © March 18, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment