Friday, September 27, 2024

For Me

 

Psalm 14:1-3 – The Fool's Decree, Depravity, and Dilemma - "From The Heart  of A Shepherd" by Pastor Travis D. Smith

 

 

The fool has said in his heart

There is no God… “For me!”

“For me” becomes the operative term

I trust you will agree.

 

Whether or not there is a God

Really does not matter,

To the fool this is his personal view

Hence, do not blame any other.

 

“For me” nails it right to the floor

No buts, no ifs, no anything,

“For me” identifies who is the fool

Whatever argument one brings.

 

“For me” says this is my quest

For me says I’m a fool like no other,

For while most fools are ignorant

Folly is my endeavor.

 

Foolishness And Human Mind - Pictured As Word Foolishness Inside A Head To  Symbolize Relation Between Foolishness And The Human Psyche, 3d  Illustration Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 139550196.

 

Folly enters via the mind

But its destination is the heart

And then it becomes nigh impossible

To tear the two apart.

 

Folly is like a cancer

That grows and grows and grows

And the mind that used to think

Now slows and slows and slows.

 

The fool soon begins to believe

What is naturally unreal,

Everyone, but he, becomes the fool

And he grades all with a ‘fail’.

Albert Einstein quote: There are yet people who say there is no God... 

There is no God “for me”

Becomes more and more acute

And his heart is heard above all else

As the mind increasingly mutes.

 

“In his heart”, the Bible says,

Hence, the mind has gone to sleep,

The two were designed to work together

Now it’s only the heart that speaks.

 

“For me” the unspoken expression

Louder than the spoken words,

Expressed from a heart of derision

Makes the speaker more absurd.

 

“For me” holds him accountable

The ‘him’ here being the fool

And not any learning institution,

Be it a church or a school.

 

Psalm 14:1-3 – The Fool's Decree, Depravity, and Dilemma - "From The Heart  of A Shepherd" by Pastor Travis D. Smith

 

 

“For me” is not in the original quote

So, it was obviously an add on,

No doubt by the fool it referred to

Have a good day, my friends,

I am gone!

 

Stewart Russell © February 9, 2022

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment