Friday, April 12, 2019

Now That I Have Your Attention






Now that I have your attention
There is something I must definitely say,
It cannot wait until to morrow
It must be said today.

If I do not say it today
I will not be able to say it tomorrow,
The time I have is today
Tomorrow I would have to borrow.

None of us has tomorrow
Though we plan as though it is,
Today is what has been given
But tomorrow holds no promise.

Today is always our last
None has ever died on the morrow
Today is our decision day
Tomorrow we cannot borrow


I guess that you are wondering
What it is I have to tell you,
I have pretty much said it
But perhaps you want a review.

The most critical decision in life
Is really about the hereafter,
That’s why today is the day of salvation
Salvation is a today matter.

Do not put it off for tomorrow
There is really no day by that name,
Tomorrow is procrastination
You will have yourself to blame.


“Wherefore as the Holy Spirit says
Today if you will hear his voice
Harden not your heart as in the provocation.”
Today make him your choice.

Thanks for giving me of your time
Today give Jesus your heart,
Since you cannot do it tomorrow
Today is the best time to start.

Now that God has your attention
Is it not time to come home?
He will come in and sup with you,
Let Him make your heart His throne.

Stewart Russell (c) March 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment