Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Only Wise God





 
 
Can you tell what I am thinking?
I know someone who can,
He even knows my future
And He never reads my palm.


Crystal balls are not His thing
And He never ever predicts,
He doesn’t even prophesy
Yet He sees all from where he sits.

He knows when we are sincere
And whenever we pretend,
He knows what we will decide
And all that we intend.

What question he cannot answer?
There is actually none,
He alone can decide
How long each course will run.


Time’s clock has been set by Him
From its beginning to its end,
He knows every twist and turn
Every tunnel and every bend.

He is the ultimate Ruler
King of kings and Lord of lords,
He is one yet three
As substantiated by the Word

There’s much we do not understand
As expressed in His Word,
And often in our brilliance
We deem that Word absurd.


He alone orders the wind
And the boundaries of the sea,
No effort or struggle is required
Just a simple “Let there be”.

He transcends all of creation
It is all contained in Him,
Everything is for His purpose
Not our fancy or our whim.

We were created in His image
Though we often tend to forget
And the balance that He initiated
We constantly try to upset.

His ways are past finding out
His thoughts are not our thoughts,
He is from everlasting to everlasting
And He cannot be bought.

All in the earth are His
There is nothing that He needs,
He has provided it for our sustainment
Not to satisfy our greed.


He is the Lord God Jehovah
The I AM that I AM,
Revealed in Christ the Saviour
The Shepherd and yet the Lamb.

That he died for me is amazing
That he lives in me is comforting,
That he is coming for me is reassuring
That I am in him is enlightening.

It is my honour to know Him
It is my privilege to be called His own
His slave I may be but I am free
Free to enjoy true liberty.


What blessed freedom in Christ!
My Shepherd, Lamb and Sacrifice,
Nothing brought I but one sin-sick soul
Yet he washed me and made me whole.

All of Him and none of me
No credit can I take,
No merit in me, no merit at all
God did it all for Jesus’ sake.

And now I rest assured in Him
Until my earthly rest shall be,
Anticipating the glorious resurrection
When I shall live eternally.

Stewart Russell (c) April 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment