Thursday, April 07, 2022

God Needs No Informants

 

When Can the Identity of a Confidential Informant be Disclosed?

 

I was talking to God

About some things He didn’t know

Or rather He had forgotten,

I prayed like it was so.

 

I told Him about this

And I told Him about that,

Some things I was not sure of

Yet I treated like facts.

 

I made sure God knew

And so, I spelt out every detail,

I was leaving nothing to chance

So, my prayer wouldn’t fail.

 

There were people doing stuff

I thought that God should know

And as His faithful informant

I simply told Him so.

 

I told God about the good

And I told Him about the bad,

I told Him who makes me happy

And who makes me sad.

 

When Can the Identity of a Confidential Informant be Disclosed?

 

I told Him the secrets

About anyone I knew

And I won’t leave you to guess,

I informed Him about you.

 

Things I was told in confidence

I told them to Him,

I even informed Him, my friend,

About your secret sin.

 

To some of you I guess

This might be news to you,

That some would be God-informants

You didn’t have a clue.

 

But God needs no informants

He is all knowing and all wise,

He knows everything about everyone

He sees through our disguise.

 

Don’t cover up your wrong

By telling God about mine,

That may work with your pastor

But not with God anytime.

 

God needs no informants

Please understand this,

And do take note of the pronoun “I”

The “I” tops that list.

 

Stewart Russell © November 26, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment