Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Not Me

 
Christopher Columbus | PBS World Explorers | PBS LearningMedia

 

You could believe it If you want

But not me!

Columbus come bout here and fool wunna

But not me!

 

In 1492

Columbus sailed the ocean blue

Three little ships he get from the queen

And he come down here to fool you

Not me!

 

The Pinta, the Nina, the Santa Maria

They told me this in school

And would you believe it

Wunna sit down and drink it in like fools

But not me!

 

Christopher Columbus - Voyages, Facts & Legacy - HISTORY

 

They say he discover Barbados

But I went to the States too

And I see things that I never see before

Would you say I discover the States?

Would you?

 

When he arrived in the region

People were living bout here,

To say that he discover the place

To me that didn’t sound fair.

 

Maybe the Indians living here

He feel was nobody,

That is why he could discover the place

And fool all o’ wunna but not me.

 

I hope wunna see what I getting at

Open wunna eyes and see

Columbus and dem could fool wunna

But not me!

 

I could tell wunna what happen

Wunna could believe or doubt me

But when Columbus arrive here

He wasn’t the only body.

17 April 1492: Christopher Columbus obtains funding for his first voyage .  Sur in English  

Even before 1492 people were here

Don’t tell me shut my mout’,

I mean the Amerindians

Dem is who I talking bout.

 

I am no fool I want wunna to know

Cause wunna looking at me strange like,

They could fool all o’ wunna

But not me! I too bright.

 

Stewart Russell © September 2018

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment