
There is a lot of talk about faith
And, as a matter of fact,
Some are known by their abundance
And quite a few by their lack.
Some have faith in Christ
And some have faith in faith:
These two I hope to deal with
And this is by God’s grace.
Not to be mixed up with the faith
Meaning the doctrine of Truth
But the two most argued about:
One without biblical proof.
The Bible is replete with texts
Depicting faith in Christ
And central to this specific faith
Is his atoning sacrifice.
Jesus is the object of our faith
All of the household of faith,
All them that are the born again
Via their faith in God’s grace.
They that put their faith in Jesus
Having repented of their sins
And like sheep that know his voice
Are walking along with him.
This faith is given in measure
And exercised in our daily walk,
It is manifested in our conversation
And it impacts the way we talk.
It’s different from faith in faith
The object of which is faith
That has no bearing on salvation
Or to God’s wonderful grace.
It’s a kind of God-like faith
As defined by some denominations,
The kind of faith that God used
Way back in the creation.
A speak-it-into-being faith
Conceive it, believe it, receive it,
Albeit full of illusion and delusion
Leaving adherents in a fix.
Exercising faith in faith
As opposed to Christ as the object
And faking it till you make it
Being another illusory aspect.
Faith in Christ is not for miracles
That may or may not happen,
It is in fact the God-saving faith
That tells us we are forgiven.
It is not that miracles have ended
And will never again occur
But above all miracles that ever were
It’s the miracle of salvation I prefer.
Miraculously and wondrously saved:
The miracle of a life transformed,
By faith in Jesus Christ, my Lord,
Miraculously I have been reborn.
And this for all eternity,
I am at present a citizen of heaven
And sealed by the blessed Holy Spirit,
All my sins have been forgiven.
By faith I walk in righteousness
As a born-again child of God
And by faith in my Saviour Jesus Christ
I share him at home and abroad.
Stewart Russell © October 9, 2022
No comments:
Post a Comment