Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Whither April Showers

 

1st May Day World Labour Day Celebration Best Images High, 60% OFF

 

No chance of April showers

April has gone away,

The month of May and maybe

Begins on this very day.

 

Commonly known as May Day

From work workers will take a rest,

Labour Day it's also known as

With entertainment at its best.

 

Take Barbados for example:

Picnic spots will be rammed

And these workers will take a breather

To have their annual May Day jam.

 

Per chance should showers come

Remember what month begins today,

They can’t be April showers

For these don’t come in May.

 

As for me, I am staying put

And you maybe able to guess why,

I am not as young as I used to be

And me this heat would fry.

 

April Showers | Treasure in Jars of Clay

 

It is truly energy sapping

And there’re no showers to cool it down,

No chance of April showers in May

Unless April comes back round.

 

Not in a day, I guess you’d say,

April was only yesterday,

Well, I would be extremely contented

If showers do come in May.

 

Or I could wait till June

For some showers to cool me down,

Do recall it’s in the month of June

Hurricane season comes around.

 

November 31. Flat icon calendar isolated on blue background. Date and month  vector illustration 34322515 Vector Art at Vecteezy

 

It’s until the 31st of November

I’m sure I heard a Minister say

So, whether at home or at a picnic spot,

Do have an enthralling May Day!

 

1st May Day World Labour Day Celebration Best Images High, 60% OFF

 

And if per chance it starts to rain

Remember today is May Day,

These won’t be April showers for sure,

For April can’t come in May.

 

Stewart Russell © May 1, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment