Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Not Over




Related image

October all over
Used to be,
Let us not argue
But wait and see.

Dorian came
And created a stir
But that’s the kind
I prefer.

Sorry, Grand Bahama
And Abaco,
Thankful the aid
Has begun to flow.

Lots of talk
Why we were spared
But I get this feeling
Our time is near.

May be October
Or November, maybe,
We can only wait
If we are to see.

Image result for images for be prepared

So be prepared
For we do not know,
Don’t let it be
An “I told you so”.

It is never over
Until it is really over,
Certainly not
Even in October.

Prevention, remember
Is better than cure
But I am sure
You knew this before.

I want ten verses
This will make nine,
That means
I am one behind.

This is verse ten
And this poem is over
But it is not so
In October.

Stewart Russell © September 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment