Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tidbits of Love

Image result for images for tidbits


He said he loved me
To him I said the same
Then we got married
And I took his name

She looked so stunning
She had to be mine
The courtship was short
She was mine in no time

I popped the question
And she said yes
I was over the moon
I had passed her test

The house was rented
But I didn’t care
Nothing so mattered
As long as he was there

She didn’t have a job
But she had a face
And a body to match
She was certainly a catch

Image result for images for a married ring

We had to get married
And that we did
  He had no faults
And all mine I hid

The vows seemed long
And the ceremony too
I became impatient
And that impatience grew

Eventually I heard
You may kiss the bride
The moment I’d waited for
Had suddenly arrived

The reception was great
More guests than we invited
But all went well
And we were delighted
  
A few months went well
And then it occurred to me
She was not working
Hence, a drain on my money

Image result for images for feeling bored

I paid all the bills
And did so much more
And she merely complained
Of feeling bored

Well what do you expect?
I was in the house alone
And when I wanted to talk
He was never at home

He said it didn’t matter
I was not working
And he said so many times
When we were courting

She used to dress up
And we would party strong
But here of late
She says partying is wrong

While he was at work
I would prepare a nice recipe
So that when he got home
He could dine with me

But he was always late
And my effort was a waste
He would feign tiredness
And never take a taste

I worked long hours
So I could give her the best
So when I got home
I needed to have my rest

To cut a long story short
It couldn’t last on that course
So after our last quarrel
We decided on divorce

Image result for images for tidbits


Courting days were so great
That we decided to marry
But we ran out of love’s tidbits
And the moon ran out of honey

Love’s tidbits were gone
And so was our marriage
She had lost her golden slipper
And I my golden carriage

All that’s left are memories
And tidbits of this and that
But the pure love we envisaged
Never became a fact


Stewart Russell © February 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment