Wednesday, September 09, 2026

When It’s Safe to Die

 

How should Christians think about assisted dying? | The Good Book Blog

 

I know what you are thinking

I can read your mind;

Not on every single occasion

But at least, this time.

 

You see, I put the thought there

By the very title I wrote

But I beg, lend me your ear,

This is no joke.

 

When it’s safe to die

Is applicable to every life,

Particularly so, my brother, my sister,

Given our current strife.

 

We’re drifting farther away

From the Word of God

And appear increasingly committed

To Satan, the chief fraud.

 

The church is being swayed

Away from the Gospel

And felt-needs are becoming

The appeal to attract people.

 

Prosperity and profitability

Have become the view

And those in this lotto game

Are filling many a pew.

 

The organism is obscured

By the social organization

And the message of such churches

Is not of redemption.

 

Repentance is being retired

And living right is sidestepped,

Levity has replaced gravity

On the emotional trek.

 

Solemnity has given way

To the boom, boom and bum

And the seriousness of lost souls

Is being out-drummed.

 

10 Things Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Dying | Everyday Health

 

Lost souls are dying

Without the only eternal hope

While many of the living

Are hooked on Satan’s dope.

 

Hence, my questionable sanity

In bringing this title,

Circumstances surrounding us

Determine it is vital.

 

I know it sounds moronic

To bring together dying and safe

But it makes a whole lot of sense

Within the context of grace.

 

I speak of the grace of God

That has brought us salvation:

The glorious message of the church

To be propagated to every nation.

 

I speak of eternal life

That is offered through Christ

By God our heavenly Father

Before exiting this life.

 

Based on the words of Jesus

That he who dies shall live again

And this blessed assurance

Makes dying less of a strain.

 

What Does It Mean to Be Born Again?

 

I speak of all the born-again

That ultimately on God rely,

These are the only ones I know

That can safely die.

 

If one is not born again

This is a bad time for him,

What that means my brother, my sister,

You can die in you sin.

 

For you it’s not safe to die

Unless you repent of your sin

And do as Jesus implores you-

That is, to come to him.

 

For any who comes to him

He will in no wise cast away

And then it will be safe to die

Be it night or day.

 

Stewart Russell © May 29, 2023

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment