Thursday, January 27, 2022

What Delicious Soup!

 

Recipe - Dumplings - Go Barbados

 

I had some soup yesterday

I won’t say from whom

But that soup was so delicious

I was on the moon.

 

It was not from my wife

But my wife is aware,

Understand I am not hiding anything

So, I don’t have to fear.

 

Yea, that soup was great!

I could do with some more,

I should not have eaten all

I should have kept some in store.

 

We were out driving:

That is, my wife and me,

And we passed by a family friend

For a moment to see.

 

I blew the car horn

And at the window she appeared,

She said she was cooking soup

And that was sweet to my ear.

 

Most meats I do not eat

And lamb is one,

On hearing it had in lamb

Ordinarily, I would be gone.

 

She assured me, however,

That no lamb would be in mine,

Just chicken steppers and chicken

And with me that was fine.

 

108 Dead Turkey Chicken Poultry Feet Raw Uncooked Food Stock Photos,  Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

 

I absolutely love chicken steppers

So, I was enthused

And even with the lamb flavour

I could not refuse.

 

An assortment of vegetables

Including asparagus and broccoli

And with added condiments

It tasted deliciously!

 

I should have gone back

And gotten some more

But I would have felt ashamed

Caught begging at her door.

 

Recipe - Dumplings - Go Barbados

 

There were some dumplings,

Oh goodness, what a treat!

They were made by her daughter;

This was so sweet!

 

I tore into that soup

And I almost licked the container,

Instead, I put it to my mouth

And I slurped up the remainder.

 

“That is not good etiquette!”

You could say what you like

But that soup was so delicious

I did not care what was right.

 

Here is a big thank you

To that mummy and daughter,

I know when they see this

There will be spontaneous laughter.

 

Wifey, sweetheart,

You don’t have to be jealous,

You make a very good soup too,

There’s no need to fuss!

 

Stewart Russell © January 27, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment