Saturday, March 03, 2018

Dem Christians


Image result for images for the Pharisees 

Dem Christians is something else
Real pious in duh selves
An’ duh does behave like duh strong
And feel evabody else wrong

But I got news fuh dem
Cause dey got a big problem
If dey feel only dem right
And only dem does see de light

Some o’ dem live in neighbourhoods
And doan speak to nobody
But eva now an’ again
Want to come and witness to me

Ha, ha, ha, I does got to laugh
Sometimes till I nearly crack in half
Who dem tink dey foolin’?
Like dem tink only dem had schoolin’

I know dem real good yuh know
An’ I know how dem does get on
Cause I got christian family too
Leh me only step pun dem corns

Duh Christianity does guh out de door
An’ duh does get on real bad
An’ I does come to de conclusion
Dem Christianity is only a fad

Image result for images for the church building

One time duh speaking in tongues
Dah is in de meeting place
Next time duh speaking in other tongues
An’ the finger up in yuh face

So if dat is what Christianity is
I en want nuh part o’ dat
So doan bother to come up in my face
Wid dat kind o’ crap

I en got nuh problem wid Jesus
An’ de fact dat he died fuh we
But my problem is wid dem Christians
Cause dey doan behave nuttin’ like he
  
And doan get me wrong
Cause I doan mean all o’ dem
Some o’ dem real respectable
An’ wid dem I en got no problem

But some o’ dem round hey
Where I does live and run and walk
I tellin’ yuh just like I see it
Dem is only bare talk

So get yuh perspective right
I en knocking Christianity
But dem Christians really want saving
Cause duh en no better than me

Image result for images for praying

I plan dat one o’ dese days
I gine gih my heart to de Lord
Cause I know dat I is a sinner
I read dat in His word

It is just dat I en ready yet
I still got some tings to do
Like findin’ de right type o’ Christians
And den I would join dat crew

Cause dem Christians dat I does see
Dat live in my neighbourhood
I en want dem Christianity
Cause dat en gine do me no good


Stewart Russell © January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment