Saturday, August 10, 2024

Impressions vs Facts

  

 

Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings | Know Your Meme

 

Facts definitely matter

But impressions more so,

The truth is how you see it

More like what you know.

 

I go with my gut feeling

Of this I can be sure,

I have nothing more to go on

Absolutely nothing more.

 

I process information

Through filters in my mind

And the impression I get

Is just what I opine.

 

That’s my truth right there

It is indeed relative:

Relative to you and yours

But to me it is normative.

Reasonable Answers to "Your Truth is not my Truth" - YouTube

Our truths are different

As different as can be,

I live by mine and you by yours

That’s who we are, you see.

 

No need for common ground

Diversity is much better,

We learn from each other

Each one: a trend setter.

 

Why worry about facts?

Who knows them anyway?

Go by your impressions

Each and everyday.

 

And even if facts matter

It’s your impression of them,

Twisting the facts now

Is no longer a problem.

 

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please | Popular  inspirational quotes at EmilysQuotes | Mark twain quotes, Good life quotes,  Change quotes

 

That’s how we presently live

And we are doing fine,

That is my impression

Hence, that’s what I opine.

 

The world is so exciting

It’s full of our impressions,

Yours and mine together-

Here is my summation.

 

Impressions vs Facts

Is a gripping competition

But the winner by far is...

Undoubtedly impressions.

 

A sad day I hear you say

But this started long ago,

From that first impression

I had told you so.

 

Here is my disclaimer

This is not my position

But it most certainly is

My observable impression.

 

Stewart Russell © October 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment