Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Can You Believe It?







I was knocked for six
When I heard the news,
This was particularly so
Considering the recent reviews.

Enquiring how he was
“Great improvement” was the word
So that when I learnt of his passing
To me this was absurd.

Just over twenty four hours
“Great Improvement” was the word
Now I just could not understand
What I had just heard.




Just one year before
We suffered the passing of his wife,
Now one year later
He is void of all life.

How can this be?
I ask myself again and again
I am tempted to question God
But from that I shall refrain.

All things work together
For every born again believer
And the moment we forget this
We’ve been tricked by the Deceiver.

But it does toy with the mind
I can tell you that
And all who have lost a loved one
Will tell you, that’s a fact.

I am trying desperately
To switch to “consolatory” mood
But I just can’t seem to make it
Out of the “denial” groove


My god-brother and friend
One of the best I have ever had,
He is no longer with us
And that makes us quite sad.

  
We still try to come to grips
With the passing of Pearline,
Now Michael has also departed
It’s a “double whammy” scene.



Lord, help us at this time
As we try to process this event,
We are often baffled by life
But our good is your intent.

Comfort us with your peace
And strengthen by your grace
And remind us of your faithfulness
Through all that we must face.

Stewart Russell © December 18, 2018
At: 3:58 a.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment