Saturday, December 15, 2018

Christmas Behind Bars



Ponzi Scheme Co-Conspirator Gets 14 Years in Federal Prison | Wealth  Management

Things were brown
You know what I mean…
The children to feed
And I lived at my old queen.

The wife lived there too
But she was not working
And I tell you seriously
We were all hurting.

Christmas was coming
And I was out of work,
I had tried hard to get a job
It wasn’t that I had shirked.

No job was coming forward
So I got to thinking
That Christmas time at least
We must be eating and drinking.

So I came up with a plan:
It was to steal a leg ham
But I was caught
And I ended up in a jam.
 
Ponzi Scheme Co-Conspirator Gets 14 Years in Federal Prison | Wealth  Management

Yes, I ended up in prison
Even though I told the truth,
My family was still hungry
Since they took away the proof.

I had a Christmas lunch though,
Away from my community,
Only prisoners were in attendance
These were my new family.

Don’t let this be you
During this Christmas season,
Don’t be driven to crime
That is never a good reason.

A word to all those
Who have more and to spare,
Reach out to the less fortunate
During this time of the year.

Help the less fortunate to avoid
A Christmas in prison
So that they would definitely know
Jesus is your reason.

Stewart Russell ©December 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment