Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Hottest June?

 

No more fun in the sun. The heat of change is on - Barbados Today

 

Hottest June on record?

It certainly feels so,

I can only go by my feeling

But I don’t know.

 

If it’s so hot in June

What will July be like?

Don’t even mention August

That’ll be out of sight.

 

Today, 17th of June,

Was horrible for me,

Even now, and it’s at 9:15 PM

The mercury is at the 81st degree.


All like now it is hot

And I am feeling miserable,

I can just imagine how it is

For elderly people.

 

And young babies-

I also worry about them,

For them this abnormal heat

Has to be a problem.

 

15 Types of Fans | Different Types of Fans For Home | Ceiling Fan Type |  Best Fan Types & Their Uses | Wall mounted fan, Wall mounted fans,  Industrial fan

 

There is an overhead fan

And a tabletop one

Yet my skin is feeling sticky;

It is so warm.

 

I took a shower

Hoping to cool it down

But this too was definitely futile

As its effect was not long.

 

I am at my wits end

Not knowing what to do,

Is anyone feeling like me?

Tell me, are you?

 

This is the worse

That I have ever felt,

I really would not be surprised

If I start to melt.

 

Brought to you by powerpointpros.com Reading a Thermometer. - ppt download

 

This heat is not fun

It is really dread

However, I hope to get some sleep

When I hit my bed.

 

Stewart Russell © June 17, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment