Friday, June 26, 2020

For My Sister’s Sake




Today is a beautiful day
And I have an announcement to make,
It goes out to all of my readers
Please read it for my sister’s sake.

I know you are puzzled by this
And if she knew she would be livid,
But I thank God more than ever
So far, she has defeated COVID.

But she is now one of the vulnerable;
She qualifies today for sure,
Draw an inference from what I have said;
Do I need to tell you more?

If you still do not understand
It is time to give you another clue,
She has been around for a long time
And she looks much better than I do.
 

If she were born thirty years before
She would be celebrating one hundred,
Now I gone and tell out she age
Tomorrow I could wake up dead.

As is expressed in Psalm 90 verse 10
Seven decades is the biblical amount
But by reason of her obvious strength
I am sure she’ll add to this account.

Of course…

None us knows about tomorrow
But we’ll put that in the Master’s hand,
And as you do please put my sister too
As she continues to follow in His plan.

By now I know that you know
My sister is seventy years young today
And to celebrate that milestone with her
Is really what I wanted to say.

Happy birthday my loving sister!
This comes from the entire family,
God has kept you in wonderful shape
Even on reaching seventy.


You are definitely our favourite sister;
Nilan, Mac and Carl agree,
And to have lived to celebrate with you
We know that makes you very happy.

Facebook family and all others:
Please send a birthday greeting to Harriet,
And do understand as you grant my wish
Many of you have not reached there yet.

Your time will come if you live long enough
And you will want us to celebrate,
So, now you have heard my announcement
Please do it for my sister’s sake.

For this we would normally be gatherin’
But COVID has had other ideas,
However, there is absolutely no reason
Why we can’t wish her a Happy Birthday.
  
So Happy Birthday to you, Harriet
On reaching your seventieth milestone,
And may God continue to richly bless you
Throughout this day and beyond.

Stewart Russell © 26th June 2020

3 comments:

  1. Very well constructed through your lens...thanks for giving us metaphorically a variety of angles of your beloved sister Harriet...I like the way you apply the light to the subject...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well composed. Happy birthday to Harriet and may God continue to bless you as you continue to use that talent that He has blessed you with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another well penned composition. Keep up the good work.
    Wishing your sister Harriet a very happy and blessed birthday.

    ReplyDelete