Sunday, June 14, 2020

Surreal




Women's rights and the COVID-19 pandemic

Is it happening to you?
Well, it’s happening to me,
Stay with me a while
And what I mean, you will see.

Life has become a dream
Well, more like a nightmare,
It is likely to get worse
And this is what I fear.

If back in October 2019
Someone had predicted this,
I would have accused that person
Of being a societal risk.

But now it is a reality
Though not a desirable deal,
Whether dream or nightmare,
It is in fact surreal.

Coronavirus Questions Answered: What We Know About COVID-19 | Time

Surreal is not a dream
But something that is real,
Just like all we are experiencing;
This is the real deal.

Tell me the number of times
That you have pinched yourself,
Even at times wondering,
Am I in the best of health?

It is indeed surreal
The times we are living in
And we wonder incessantly
What the next day will bring.

It has not been like this
For more than a hundred years
And even on that occasion
It was not a global affair.
  
Back then it was localized
Nothing like the present,
In this, the twenty-first century
Is an unprecedented event.

Reflections on the COVID-19 Pandemic - Jeffrey Bland, PhD - Medium

Scarcely a country is untouched
Neither the little nor great
And in fact, the bigger countries
Appear in a sorrier state.

Take the US of A for example
With what they are going through,
I thought they would lead the way
But they don’t have a clue.

And the UK as well
Their numbers are in the air
And in many cases like the US
Some still don’t seem to care.

Caribbean GeoPortal - Powered by Esri - COVID 19 Response

The Caribbean is doing well
Compared to the wider world,
Contact tracing is working for us
While in the US it never occurred.

Some considered it a waste of time
But by then maybe it was,
Too many were then infected
And vaccine became the buzz.

There is something strange,
I can’t put my finger on it
But I am going to leave it at surreal
And with that I will quit.

Yea, but this is really surreal
A dream, no, more like a nightmare,
And I tell you, paranoid or not,
Some people are very scared.

Surreal is so real
Not a dream or nightmare but surreal.

Stewart Russell © May 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment