Sunday, June 21, 2020

Celebrating Abba Father



Abba, Father – Southern Christian Writers

Today I celebrate
What we call Father’s Day,
But I want to do so
In a major different way.

I present to you
The Father of all fathers,
The one to whom His children
Cry, Abba Father!

Abba Father
A most endearing term
To each of His earnest children
That upon His knee daily learn.
Abba, Father – Southern Christian Writers

Abba Father
Today and always,
He never forsakes or abandons
However dark the days.

Abba Father
No chance of being orphaned,
Always has been there
Even before time began.

Abba Father
No chance of being rejected
Every one of His children
Is equally accepted.
Abba, Father – Southern Christian Writers

Abba Father
No less loved than His begotten
In whom all His children
Have been forgiven.

Abba Father
To be loved like His Son, Jesus
That is how He loves
Each and every one of us.
  
Abba Father
Who is like on to him?
Who beside Him in earth or heaven
Can forgive our sin?
Abba, Father – Southern Christian Writers

Today I celebrate
But today I do so differently,
I celebrate Abba Father:
My Father for eternity.

Stewart Russell © June 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment