Friday, June 12, 2020

Away with Escapism




Jesus' Second Coming | CBN.com

Come, Lord Jesus,
And help me escape
This terrible world
That is full of hate.

I have had enough
And I am ready to go,
I know you’re looking down
And you must know.

Every single day brings
Some new terror,
Nightmare after nightmare
Like a Hollywood horror.

People don’t even care
About your precious word
Hence, I have given up
On this unrepentant world.

There was a time
When people would listen
But now, to oppose you
Have become the fashion.

Concluding Prayer To Be Ready For The Return Of Jesus | Time to Pray

I know you have a day
When you will return
But it is a waste of time
These people won’t learn.

They are stiff-necked
And rotten all the way through,
I see no hope for them
And so should you.

I am ready to come home
I am serious, Lord,
I yearn for you to come
Like you said in your Word.

I am tired of down here
Tired witnessing too,
I just want to leave
And be with you.

This is your faithful servant
All of these years,
And this is my prayer to you
Dear Lord, please hear.

BE READY FOR THE RETURN OF JESUS 05/13 by WARriorsInGODsArmy | Hip ...

My child

There are many to come in
Just like you did,
Don’t forget the times I called
When you ran and hid.

Finally, you responded
And you were doing well,
Your work isn’t finished yet
There are many you must tell.

Of course, if you are tired,
And really want to escape
Death could be your relief,
Should I hasten the date?

Life After Death — Peoples Church | of the C&MA
 
On second thoughts, Lord,
I would rather remain,
It is not so bad after all
I guess I became vain.

I have heard so much
About the bad things to come
That praying for your coming
Was my way to run.

There are many like me
That are growing tired of the work
And they are finding ways
In which they can hide and shirk.

They too long to escape
From whatever is to come
Forgetting they have been called
To a work in the kingdom.

Jesus' Second Coming | CBN.com

Thank you, Lord,
For opening my eyes,
Please help me to love those
I would ordinarily despise.

Brothers and sisters
With such a great work to do,
Escapism as an option
Is neither for me nor for you.

To the work; to the work
As the great song of the Faith says,
Every new born-again believer
Makes for better days.
Women In Tune Fulfilling the Great Commission - Women In Tune

Making the world a better place
One believer at a time
Through your effort at witnessing
And also through mine.

Stewart Russell (c) June 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment