Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Just A Dash




 
It’s 11:58 on June 19th
Now it’s June 20th
Time is fleeting
Like a rocket it’s speeding

A moment in time
A moment is just that
Almost split decision making
That is a fact

What we do in that moment
Determines a lot
It will some day determine
Our eternal spot

Not to be treated lightly
We must understand
There’s an after life judgment
That is God’s plan


Life is a dash
We will all make a splash
But we must be careful
Not to be rash

Little time to correct
Errors we make
All the more reason
That care we should take

Life is a dash
Let me say that again
Though it mostly feels long
When there is pain


However it’s a critical dash
That shapes eternity
For what is done therein
Determines our destiny

A decision for Christ
Means a decision for heaven
Hell is the reward
For those not forgiven

Sound harsh I know
Coming from a loving God
But don’t be deceived
By Satan the Fraud

He is the cause
But he won’t tell you that
He’ll cheat you blindly
Then turn his back

“Oh you have time!”
He’ll make you believe
Then have a celebration
Each time you’re deceived

Knowing full well
That the dash is short
A decision for Christ
He’ll cause you to abort

Make your dash count
Make it count for Christ
His earthly dash
For you he sacrificed

Just thirty-three years
For you and for me
For me that dash
Has shaped my eternity

Your eternity depends
On your response to that dash
Choose Christ I implore
Do not be rash


Just a dash, I agree
But a significant one indeed
Let it matter to you
Choose Christ I plead

Let me press on you mind
Re: your dash in time
It will eternally haunt you
If Christ you decline

Stewart Russell © June 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment