Wednesday, August 01, 2018

August Is Here







August come it must
The eighth month of the year,
How this year has rushed on!
I can’t believe August is here.

June too soon
July stand by
August come it must
We’re seeing time fly.

Resolutions in January
Are now probably dead,
Back to the old routine
That resolve has fled.

Quite comfortable again
Being who I am,
I really can’t change that
So away with that plan.

I am having a good run
I trust that you can see,
I figure if I change
Then I won’t be me.



Have a great August
That’s my wish for you,
Deal with today
Tomorrow is not for you.

Though time flies fast
Tomorrow never comes,
It will have been today
Before the rising sun.

Surely you know this
The sun didn’t begin today
For before the sun had risen
Today was already here.


It was never meant to be
That the sun begins a day,
It’s just the lighted part
That is nature’s way.

This poem so far
Was written in the first person,
Go back to verse one
That’s where it was begun.

But please understand
It is not really about me,
It is just the general trend
I wish that you would see.

A lot of what is done
Is always done for a while
But regarding human change
Seldom changing is the style.

So with all of this in mind
A blessed August to you,
Any day is a day for change
Once it’s a positive view.

Emancipation day is here
Be safe and don’t overdo,
Bear in mind work is tomorrow
The boss will be expecting you.


Today is a special day
If you doubt me ask my wife
Thirty-seven years ago today
She rearranged my life.

Stewart Russell © August 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment