Sunday, August 19, 2018

Never Alone




Never alone is the theme I choose
Never alone is the fact,
Never alone is my experience
Jesus has my back.

Never alone is not a feeling
Never alone, in him I trust,
I dare to walk in the Holy Spirit
And trust my Saviour, Jesus.

His words reverberate in my ears,
“Lo, I am with you alway.”
In my simple way of understanding
That means each and every day.

Faithful is he that promises
Never to leave or forsake me
And he not only has the power
But he is faithful and trustworthy.

Never alone means he is with me
Every step of the way,
Not only with me but also in me
Was his promised on that day.


Then he dwelt with his disciples
But promised to be in them,
That became an historic fact
As the writer of the Acts did pen.

On the day of Pentecost
The Holy Spirit came as promised
And the disciples in the upper room
Became the first upon his list.

Being filled with the Holy Ghost
They began to speak in tongues
And many witnessed this event
As they came from all around.


That was just the beginning
Of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit,
Today for all the born again
This is the standard habit.
  
So when it seems no one is around
I am never alone,
Jesus lives within me
He never leaves me on my own.

When I call and no one hears
I am never alone,
Jesus hears and answers me
He understands my every groan.


When the devil comes to tempt me
I am never alone,
Jesus my Lord is with me
Wherever I may roam.

When my friends forsake and flee
I am never alone,
Jesus I can always call
And I don’t need a cellular phone.

When Satan questions my status
I am never alone,
Jesus is there to remind me
That in him my sins are atoned.


So that when death beckons
And the grave looms large
Even then I will not be alone
For Jesus my Saviour is in charge.

Never alone is the beautiful hymn
Jesus is with and in me,
The Father, Son and Holy Spirit:
In me dwells the Trinity.

Stewart Russell © August 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment