Wednesday, August 01, 2018

I Want the World to Know






This is not the shortest poem
I have ever written
But since it’s about my wife
I know I am forgiven.

She is really a pearl
This is no pun intended,
Every thing I have broken
She makes sure it is mended.

She should be given a medal
For thirty-seven years with me,
Some of my friends would say
Not one but probably three.

But eat all yuh hearts out
Because I’ve got the best,
Lynette was meant for me
She has withstood every test.


I marvel at her resolve
To have put up this long with me,
Honey thanks for your constitution
Let’s see if we can make fifty.

Happy Anniversary to you
The one I cherish and relish
In all the worlds’ wide oceans
There is a missing fish.

What a catch it has been
These thirty-seven short years!
Thank you "Surprise Package"
For all your love and care.


It doesn’t take rocket science
To know that fish is you,
Happy Anniversary to you my dear
From me and the other two.

Stewart Russell © August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment