Saturday, July 07, 2018

Brazil Out of the World Cup




Yesterday I felt so numb
I thought Brazil would have won
But I was struck dumb
When Belgium took them down.

Goal Number 1 went to Belgium
But Brazil took the credit
Into the Brazil goal it went
But a Brazil player had headed it.

It was against the run of play
Brazil was in command
But just an unfortunate own goal
And that upset Brazil’s plan.

Brazil began to storm back
But again against the run of play
A Belgium player took a long shot
It just wasn’t Brazil’s day.


Two down within the first half
I was frozen like a rock
Two goals in under 30 minutes
For me that was a shock.

Brazil was out of the World Cup
I could not believe my eyes
I told myself I must be dreaming
But it was Brazil’s demise.

I am back to myself now
But I will always back Brazil,
Even though they flattered to deceive
I am in their corner still.

One goal conceded up to that point
And were never once behind
But they couldn’t find their way back
When it happened this first time.



Belgium appeared much stronger
Their players were certainly bigger,
They muscled Brazil out of the cup
It isn’t funny; don’t snigger.
  
I hope the cup goes to a first timer
To a team that never won it before
A Belgium and Croatia final
Would definitely settle that score.

So Belgium to beat France
That is my hope
And Croatia to beat England
I trust Croatia can cope.


A Belgium and Croatia final
With Croatia edging Belgium out
Would make up for Brazil’s loss
And still give me a reason to shout.

Stewart Russell © July 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment