Friday, May 31, 2019

The Sooner You Guess The Smarter You Are





They bear the names of girls
Or girls were named after them,
If the latter is correct
I would have no problem.

The first relates to showers
The third always comes too soon,
The second drops in the middle
We don’t have to assume.

As for the names of girls
I’ve checked but there is no other
And regarding their positions
They follow one another.

Amazon.com: Riddle Me That: Appstore for Android

The sooner you guess
Then the smarter you are,
If by now you’ve worked it out
You have got to be a star.

One is found in a rhyme
Another in a Judy Garland song,
One speaks of possibility
Do not be afraid to be wrong.

They are a closely-knit quarter
And here is a good chance to see,
While a quarter can be four
This quarter is actually three.

Amazon.com: Riddle Me That: Appstore for Android

One of these is position three
But usually it’s position six,
If by now you have not guessed
Then you are really in a fix.

I put you in so I’ll get you out
You need not panic yet,
Do not give up at this time
Or you are likely to regret.

Remember the sooner you guess
The smarter you are
So by now
The answer cannot be far.

Amazon.com: Riddle Me That: Appstore for Android

I’m at the end, I must confess
I am nearly out of clues,
If you find just one of them
The other two would be a cruise.

To be of help in this regard
I will send you to YouTube,
2-thirds of the answer you’ll find right here
Follow this link if you choose.

Now that you know their names
I am glad you came along,
Tell me at what point you guessed
Was it the Judy Garland song?

Stewart Russell © May 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment