Monday, May 27, 2019

Nobody Dies Tomorrow





What if tomorrow
You should hear I am dead
Don’t bother to cry
Don’t worry your head.

Nobody dies tomorrow
Everybody dies today,
I don’t mean to be funny
Just let me have my say.

Tomorrow never comes
Everything happens today,
You may not believe me
But it was always this way.

No doubt you are thinking
That I have lost my mind
But think a little more and see
It has been so all the time.

Don’t worry about tomorrow
That’s counsel true and wise,
Tomorrow will take care of itself
That’s what the Bible advised.


Check St Luke 12 verse 22
It’s really about tomorrow,
Check it out carefully
It’s good advice to follow.

So if I should die tomorrow
That’s really improbable
But regarding this very day
That is very possible.

I find it particularly amazing
The unpredictability of life
And even more so these days
With its increasing strife.


Let not tomorrow be a worry
Concentrate on today
For the time that you will die
Will always be today.
  
So if you should suddenly hear
That I am dead tomorrow,
Such would be a news item
Too huge to even swallow.

I can’t claim immortality
This is not my intent
But right now I am alive
And it’s today on which I am bent.

Nobody dies tomorrow
Everybody dies today,
You can’t cry for me tomorrow
Life doesn’t operate that way.

Stewart Russell © April 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment