Saturday, May 25, 2019

Planning An Accident








Sounds a little funny?
I know
But oft times we hear
“I told you so”

Recall growing up?
Remember Mother’s word
Still you did
Something quite absurd

Remember her response
When in front her you went
“I told you so”
And away you were sent

You planned that accident
And even the scene
You knew it would happen
Even your scream


The floor was wet
And you thought to skate
“I told you so”
Now look at your state

It surely was an accident
But one you planned
It’s just unfortunate
That you involved the fan

The tree was wet
But you planned to climb
 “I told you so”
But I was out of my mind


Another planned accident
When advice you ignored
Now your foot is in a cast
And you’re looking quite bored

An accident waiting to happen
That’s an accident that threatens
At anytime and anyplace
Such an accident will happen
  
“Planning an accident”
It’s not funny anymore
Now you see why this title!
From the beginning
 “I told you so”

Stewart Russell © August 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment