Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Colour of His Blood






The colour was red
Of the blood that was shed
For me that blood was poured out

It is finished he said
And there hung his head
Hallelujah is all I can shout


And not for me alone
But for everyone
He did leave his heavenly throne

For the whosoever
And I dare say wherever
To provide us a heavenly home
 
 

For all people
Not just Israel
The universal colour is red

It is red that we see
When to Christ we flee
Who raises the spiritually dead


Spiritually dead in sin?
I implore, please come to him
And from your sin be set free

For we won’t escape
Hell’s eternal fate
If we ignore the Saviour’s plea



There’s power in his blood
Come now, you should
Don’t wait until it’s too late

Come to him now
And in penitence bow
Let him wipe clean your slate

I have made my point
Do come to the fount
Where that blood is flowing free

Efficacious indeed
To meet your every need
In this world and eternity


He was human too
And regardless of one’s hue
He came to save the lost

And the blood he shed
It was the colour red
The blood that stained Calvary’s cross

Stewart Russell (c) February 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment