Monday, May 06, 2019

Persuasive Eve






"Take it honey
I had a bite,
No pain or discomfort
Not even a mite.

I talked to a creature
A beautiful creature indeed,
He advised me
And I took his lead.

I am still here
I have not died
So have a bite too
And together we’ll abide.


I know what God said
But it didn’t happen,
I am still here
And I don’t feel threatened.

Everything’s the same
As it was at the beginning
So take a bite dear Adam,
A bite’s not sinning."

God had given Adam
A very clear directive
But now things got muddy
And Eve was persuasive.

He looked her over
From her head to her toe,
She was the same Eve
And she had told him so.


Can’t be anything wrong
With taking a bite,
After all, Eve did
And she appears all right.

I’ll just turn it a little
And bite where she bit,
But as soon as Adam bit
That was it.

Their covering fell off
They were now exposed,
Right then they found out
They had on no clothes.

Now shame stepped in
And Embarrassment too,
It was time to cover up
At once they both knew.


Eve’s persuasiveness
Had ruined their day,
I wonder what would have happened
If Adam had not strayed.

Stewart Russell © February 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment