Saturday, June 01, 2019

Still Awaiting a Response






Not many seemed up to the challenge
To solve the riddle I gave
But rest assured it could not be
Byron, Christopher or Dave.

None of these is a girl’s name
Hence none of these is correct,
I am assuming no one got it
Since no one has responded yet.

The third girl arrived today
She was not mentioned in the song,
If you didn’t check the link
Now is the time to run along.


If any of you worked it out
Please tell me at which clue,
I gave you three important ones
As early as in verse two.

These three girls are not girls
But they figure in everyone’s life,
The name of one of them
Is the name of a good friend’s wife.

It may not be a serious poem
But just a moment to be light,
If all of life is about serious matters
Then something just isn’t right.

So please humour me a little
And respond to my poetic riddle,
Tell me the names of the three girls
Including the one in the middle.

I will be back to the serious stuff
Soon, if it be the will of God,
Meanwhile, let me know of your success
So I can join in the applause.


This current poem I am writing
Is to give you another chance,
Three girl-names I am looking for
Please answer up and advance.
  
I’m tempted to give you the answer
But I think it’s best to hold back,
So now you’ve got the opportunity
Why not give it a crack?

Stewart Russell © June 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment