Tuesday, November 06, 2018

The God I Believe




Who’s the God you believe?
Who’s the God you trust?
Who’s the object of your faith?
Is he cosmic dust?

Do you pray to him?
Do you know if he hears?
Can you answer these queries?
Do you even care?

Whatever your response
Permit me still to share
The God in whom I believe
The God who is right here.


I believe in the Creator
The God who spoke and it was done,
The Creator of Adam and Eve
And by extension everyone.

In six days He finished
Everything He had planned
Then He crowned it with humans
When he created man.

By His word light came forth
And the darkness was dispelled,
The day and the night created He
And also the heavens and hell.


Earth He also created
For every man to inhabit
And He did all of this
By His Son and through His Spirit.

I believe in the Heavenly Father
That hears my every prayer,
I believe in a personal God
I know that He always cares.


He is with me everyday
And in my heart He lives
And every possible thing I need
In His time He gives.
  
He does not always respond
In the way that I feel
But He always assures me
That my salvation He has sealed.

I can trust Him always
Even when there is no trace
For the truth of the matter is
None can ever take His place.


He sent me His Son Jesus
Who came and died for my sin
I know he has forgiven me
For in faith I came to Him.

He did not even stop there
But He took me to another level
When He gave me His Holy Spirit
To help me resist the devil.

The God I believe
Walks with me each and every day,
His blessed Holy Spirit
Guides me all the way.


Even when I am stubborn
He doesn’t give up on me
But He points me to His Word
And deals with me patiently.

He has promised me a home
In His kingdom with Him
Where one day I will be free
From the very presence of sin.


In this God I believe,
To this God I cleave,
From Him salvation I received,
Praise His name I am relieved.

Stewart Russell © June 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment