Thursday, November 29, 2018

Could Fool You But Not Me





You could believe it If you want
But not me
Columbus come bout here and fool wunna
But not me

In 1492
Columbus sailed the ocean blue
Three little ships he get from the queen
And he come down here to fool you
But not me


The Pinta, the Nina, the Santa Maria
They told me this in school
And would you believe it?
Wunna sit down and drink it in like fools
But not me

They say they discovered Barbados
But I went to the States too
And I see things that I never see before
Would you say I discover the States?
Would you?


When he arrived in the region
People were living ‘bout here
To say that he discover the place
To me that didn’t sound fair.


Maybe the Indians living here
He feel were nobodies
That is why he could discover the place
And fool all o’ wunna but not me.

I hope wunna see what I getting at
Open wunna eyes and see
Columbus and dem could fool wunna
But not me.

I could tell wunna what happened
Wunna could believe or doubt me
But when Columbus arrive here
He wasn’t the only body.


Even before 1492 people were here
Don’t tell me shut my mout’
I mean the Amerindians
Dem is who I talking bout.

I am no fool I want wunna to know
Amerindians were here when they arrived
But they came and took over
And few of these natives survived.

Stewart Russell © September 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment