Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Standpipe Politics with Smartie and Moron (3)



The Village Standpipe in Barbados | by Krystal Penny Bowen | Medium
 
 
Man Smartie,
You’re very quiet today.
Man I can’t get a word out of you.
It is not like you
Never to have a view.
Like something happened, man.

Something like what, Moron?

Easy there, Smartie,
I am not trying to put you on the spot.

What is it you want, Moron?

I just want to talk, Smartie.
After all this is just you and me.
What you say stays here,
You do not have to fear.

All right Moron,
What news do you have for me today?

I don’t have any.
I know you always in the works
But today you like you would rather shirk.


The Village Standpipe in Barbados | by Krystal Penny Bowen | Medium
 
 
No Moron,
It is just that I am not feeling so well.
I was trying to paint the little house
And I fell.

Man, I am sorry to hear that.
I noticed that you were favouring the left leg
But I didn’t know you had a fall.
Is that all?

Is that all what?

I mean if that is the only injury.
Cause you know that if you wanted help
You could have checked with me.

No Moron, money is tight these days.

Do you mean for you, Smartie?
Man, give me a break.
You of all people?
Who are you trying to fake?

Moron, are you trying to lock up me?
Who told you that I have money?

Listen Smartie,
This is just between you and me
But I hear you have real money.

You are so right Moron,
Cause I am not in to counterfeit.

I do not mean like that, Smartie.
Look, let us leave that subject
And move on to the next.

What do you think about the Cabinet?


What do you mean?
Did you order a cabinet?

No Smartie,
I mean the Cabinet in the House.

Why Moron,
That is what I asked you, louse.

Smartie,
 You do not have to call me names.
But I really mean the House of Assembly.
That is not the same.


O you want to talk politics!
I thought you were getting up to tricks
Cause if you are borrowing
I am not lending.
What about the Cabinet, though?

I heard people saying
The Cabinet is too big for the house.

You mean Parliament right?

Yes Smartie,
I mean Parliament House.

Well Moron,
Given what we are going through,
I could agree with you.
Twenty-six is too large.
The last people put seventeen in charge
And these people complained.
But I believe
That is all part of the game.
These have a lot to correct
So they need many hands on deck.


Washington State Ship | The Lady Washington

 
I do not swallow that, Smartie.
These are tough times
And people getting sent home.
A Cabinet that big
Cannot be condoned.

I agree with you, Moron
Don’t tear of your clothes.
Next thing you know,
You would want to share blows.

Smartie, I know that you are a “B”
And I have always been a “D”
But that can’t come between us
No need for a fuss.

That is true Moron
But you have a point there.
I really don’t think
Such a large Cabinet is fair.


Smartie, do you think
It could be made smaller
Now that we are in this position?

Sure Moron
But the question is who you will cut.

I thought you would tell me that, Smartie
And so nicely put.

But I am not the PM, Moron
I didn’t build the Cabinet.

Anyway Smartie,
 All I am suggesting is:
1. Reduce the size of the Cabinet
And
2. Build a bigger Backbench.
If small people could go home
Big ones should also get retrenched.


I can’t argue with that, Moron
But who are they going to move?

That is some homework for you to do Smartie
Besides the other little problem
There in your groove.

What is that Moron?
I am refraining from trouble.
I would hate to burst your bubble.

No, you get your water, Smartie
And away you can hobble.

After Smartie leaves…

Peoples, isn’t that quaint?
All this talk about falling and paint?
Well let me tell you,
I am no saint
But when Smartie got the news
All he could do was faint.

Two were up
And one was down
And now you guess right
That one is not around.


Smartie has a prison trio
On the prison bench,
Now zero in his Cabinet
And he got retrenched.

About the Cabinet and Backbench
Keep that to yourself.
If you are not a builder
Leave those tools on the shelf.

Get your new furnishings
But stay out of the courts.
Hire Purchase is a killer
I am not making sport.

Enjoy the run-up to Independence
Stay safe and be blessed
And remember this if nothing else,
Jesus takes care of stress.


From the standpipe, this is Moron.
I gone.

Stewart Russell © November 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment