Saturday, November 10, 2018

Very Sad Indeed




I know a person
That has no head
Yet he is living
Instead of dead

His situation
I particularly dread
He is up all night
He has no bed

He lost his head
Sometime ago
When at school
He was quite slow

No teacher’s fault
Or even a school’s
He did not care
He played the fool

He seldom went
So he did not learn
Now without a head
He has heartburn


The streets are his
Both day and night
He lives on scraps
O what a plight!

He is unkempt
He’s a terrible sight
He cannot distinguish
Wrong from right


Started with a spliff
Marijuana I mean
Then coke and crack
Then he careened

If you have a head
Don’t lose it please
If you lie with dogs
You will get fleas
  
Very sad indeed
That’s your view
But believe you me
It’s my view too

Stewart Russell © November 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment