Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Facebook Friend Requests

 

Don't fall for the Facebook '2nd friend request' hoax – Naked Security

 

Facebook is something else

I mean really something though,

Sending me friend requests

From people I don’t even know.

 

Friend request after request,

There are so many on my list

That for the most part I ignore

And hope Facebook would desist.

 

But they just keep on coming

Local, regional, international too,

Some already my Facebook family

And maybe even from you.

 

But this one truly stumped me

And this is only recently,

A friend request from someone

Not only dead but buried.

 

Cradle grave gardens are brought back to life - WHYY

 

A Facebook friend request

Straight from the great beyond

And this is a former teaching colleague

Who has long been gone.

 

I know of one other person

To whom this has also happened,

If the dead is now using Facebook

We ought to feel threatened.

 

I’ve been made to understand

That Facebook uses an algorithm

That brings together users of like tastes

As part of its operating system.

 

Having received such a request

I have telephoned for confirmation

Only to be met with a response

Of resolute negation.

 

Now what really concerns me

Are requests from the dead,

This kind of operation by Facebook

Is messing with my head.

 

Apply These Interactive Ways of Teaching 'MAKING TELEPHONE CALLS' to Form  Two Students.

 

Dare I telephone the dead

To ascertain such a friend request,

I would be considered a lunatic

With zero intelligence left.

 

However, here is what I will do

The next time the opportunity arises,

I will investigate this matter

And share with you any surprises.

 

Cradle grave gardens are brought back to life - WHYY 

 

Next time I go to a graveyard

I will diligently check for the Internet

And whether it is FLOW of Digicel,

I would know what to expect.

 

Meanwhile,

 

If you get a friend request from me

After I am dead and gone,

Consider it a technology breakthrough,

I am calling from the beyond.

 

Stewart Russell © August 22, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment