Monday, August 28, 2023

My Hang-ups

 

Hang Ups - Official Trailer - YouTube

 

I have me some hang-ups

That are in my wardrobe,

Round about this time of year

They are quite a load.

 

Hang-up No. 1 is a suit

That I haven’t worn much,

To wear it anywhere in this heat

Is akin to potluck.

 

Hang-ups Nos. 2, 3 and 4

Are three other suits,

Not quite the same as No.1,

But of another group.

 

Wearing too much clothing

Has always been my problem

Especially when it is expected

You wear a tie with them.

 

9 evidence-based ways to prevent a hangover

 

Then I get a hang-over

Like the morning right after

A night of exceeding indulgence

Of merriment and laughter.

 

Hang-over Nos. 2 and 3

Is my out of shape body:

A hang-over in the midsection

Is causing me misery.

 

Plus, two serious lap-overs

Running along my sides

Making me look like a primate

Albeit in disguise.

 

If you guessed an ape,

You are absolutely correct

Though that particular thought

I offensively reject.

 

This anatomical appendage

Is one of my hang-ups

And no matter how hard I try

I seem to have no luck.

 

Understanding the Big Belly-Big Prostate Cancer Risk Connection

 

I put it down to old age

And that is another hang-up,

Hang-ups Nos. 5, 6 and 7…

Hang-ups are too much!

 

A pain here, an ache there

Even to hang up a shirt,

And if you hang up a pants too

That also hurts.

 

Holding over is a hangover

And this you can’t debunk,

Stand up suddenly and try to walk

And it is like being drunk.

 

Hang-ups are all too common

To the over sixties,

Anything a little too rigorous

Is certain to be risky.

 

What are your hang-ups?

Please share them with me!

Are there all in your wardrobe?

Please check and see.

 

If they are you are fortunate-

Very fortunate indeed,

Give God thanks and live for Him,

Be what you truly believe.

 

Hypocrisy is a hang-up,

It is a hangover too!

Be true to self as well as others-

God is watching you.

 

I Called 911 on Accident! Should I Hang Up? - NCT9-1-1

 

It's time for me to hang up,

I am gone!

Hang-ups can be serious,

You have been warned! 

 

Stewart Russell © August 14, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment