Saturday, August 05, 2023

Jump Up

 

Blazing Foreday Morning Jam

 

I went to fore day morning

Sleep-in

And when the phone rang

I was sleeping.

 

I’m accustomed getting up

Very early

But at fore day morning

I was too sleepy.

 

I thought it was fore day

When I jump up

But around quarter of eight

My sleep got disrupt.

 

 Hours earlier

Before fore day morning,

I was glued to the calypsonians

Competing.

 

So, as you’d understand

I went to sleep kind of late

Or differently, early in the morning,

As I could also state.

 

When the phone rang

I had to catch myself,

Jumping up fore day morning

Is not good for one’s health.

 

Sanitation Service Authority officials... - CBC News Barbados | Facebook

 

But low and behold

While myself, I was catching,

I heard the garbage truck,

It was out collecting.

 

We had had a collection

Only two days before

But here, just two days after,

Up they showed.

 

So, I had to jump up

And pull the garbage together

And then run down to the next gap,

Boy, what a bother!

 

Especially in this heat

Because these days real hot!

But to miss a garbage collection,

You could be in a spot.

 

That’s my fore day morning

And my jump up

So, if you thought anything else

You bust luck!

 

Kudos to the SSA workers

That had to jump up

During this fore day morning

To ride on a truck…

 

To collect your garbage

And also collect mine,

We ought to really commend them

And not condemn this time.

 

Some jump up occasionally

And some do it every day,

Depending on the garbage situation

Jump up is their way.

 

So, when you hear jump up

Don’t let your mind run away,

It could be awaking from sleep

Or, garbage collection day.

 

Stewart Russell © August 5, 2023

 

No comments:

Post a Comment