Sunday, May 07, 2023

Not in Heaven

 

25,113 Family Silhouette Illustrations & Clip Art - iStock

 

I looked for my wife in heaven,

On earth we had a grand time

But wherever I searched in heaven

I couldn’t find that wife of mine.

 

I remember when she was buried

They told me I would see her again

And at that time, I must confess,

This helped to ease my pain.

 

Searched and searched I did

Yet, I could not find my wife,

I wondered how I would survive up there

Without the joy of my life.

 

Rand Hummel Articles | Answers in Genesis

 

I looked around for my children:

My precious bundles of joy,

I searched throughout all of heaven

But found neither the girl or boy.

 

I knew I had left them on earth

Since I passed on before them both

But in heaven I could find neither

Yet, I searched from coast to coast.

 

I looked for my mother in heaven

Surely, she would have to be there

But after searching till I stressed

I could find my mother nowhere.

 

My mother was a lovely Christian

I am sure she was born-again,

Tell me, why couldn’t I find her in heaven?

Why must I endure this pain?

 

I searched heaven for my father

O, how I had loved that man!

He was a most upstanding father:

He had to be in heaven’s plan.

 

Marriage in Heaven - Will I Still Be Married to My Spouse?

 

But though I searched and searched

Nowhere in heaven could I see

That loving father of mine,

Where, O where could my father be?

 

My family, my friends on earth,

I longed to see them again

But my diligent search through heaven

Became a search in vain.

 

I was told I would see them,

That this was the Christian hope

And as I had processed their homegoing

This truly helped me to cope.

 

I had looked forward with joy

To see all of the fore mentioned

But nowhere in heaven, I tell you,

Could I find even one of them.

 

I know they could not be in hell

So, maybe they were not really dead

But wherever they were I was sure

Should have been heaven instead.

 

Don’t expect me to say I woke up

And that this was only a dream

But go and study the Bible

And see what from it you can glean.

 

Will there be marriage in heaven? | GotQuestions.org

 

There is no marriage in heaven

Other than the Lamb and his bride

So, whatever we are looking forward to

We must let this be a guide.

 

Family and friends will be in heaven

In fact, we all will be family

But concerning all the details,

That will take an eternity.

 

Whatever it will be in heaven,

It will be infinitely better than on earth

So, with that to look forward to,

Let’s be grateful for our new birth.

 

Stewart Russell © June 13, 2021

 

No comments:

Post a Comment