Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Seeing Eye to Eye

 

Man Looking Through Keyhole Stock Photo - Download Image Now - Eye, Keyhole,  Peephole - iStock

 

There was this woman

That I heard about,

Her pastor was hard hearing

So she had to shout.

 

Let me explain this

And I will then move along,

First it appeared to me

They were both headstrong.

 

I knew neither of them

But that’s how it appeared,

Why they never agreed

At first that was not clear.

 

When she wanted change

He did not

And when change came about

She was hot.

 

From the time he came

This was the case,

All of his plans and ideas

She considered a waste.

 

I really must confess

That the pastor tried his best

But trying to meet her halfway

That was the ultimate test.

 

He tried on several occasions

He wanted to reconcile

But she wanted none of that

That was not her style.

 

She kept him at arm’s length

So that he never got close,

“I liked the other pastor,”

Some had heard her boast.

 

This went on for a while

And it became a real strain

Whereat the pastor decided

There must be a change.

 

He decided on a visit

“Yes,” he would go to her home

And after thinking a while

He decided to do it alone.

 

He asked one of the members

For directions to her home

And as I earlier indicated

He went there on his own.

 

He walked right up the path

That led to her door,

Every window was shut

Need I say more?

 

He decided there and then

She was not at home

But decided to call out

Rather than use his phone.

 

He called out and called out

But he heard no one,

“I’ll do one more thing,” he thought

“And then I’ll be gone.”

 

He stooped right down

To peep through the keyhole

When he heard her say,

“But pastor you are bold.”

 

The pastor paused a bit

And then he gave his reply,

“At least on this occasion,” he said

“We are seeing eye to eye.”

 

Stewart Russell © October 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment