Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Does Anyone Know?

 

Leading Questions in Surveys - SmartSurvey

 

Does anyone know

The question I am going to ask?

Should I allow you to guess,

That would be quite a task.

 

Chances are too

Somebody would guess right

But chances are too

By then it could be night.

 

There’s a question on my mind

It’s probably on yours too,

Pertaining to it

I’ve heard a lot of views.

 

It is rather amazing

The time we spend

In futile attempts

Our positions to defend.

 

And at the end of the day

We remain unconvinced

Simply because

That was our view ever since.

 

Leading Questions in Surveys - SmartSurvey

 

But back to the question,

Does anyone know?

I guess nobody does

For the Bible tells me so.

 

Therein lies the clue

To the question on my mind,

The question about which

So many people opine.

 

The opinions vary

As to the time and the place

And events are occurring

At a rapid pace.

 

Events have always happened

Of one kind or another

But some argue this rate

Causes more than a bother.

 

Self Study into FEAR | Troubled by fears? Study your fears | Journal  writing - YouTube

 

Each and every day

And almost everywhere

People’s hearts are troubled

Even to the point of fear.

 

Earthquakes and flooding

Plague many a land

And with all our resources

We still can’t understand.

 

The mysterious phenomena

That boggle the mind,

No wonder some say

We’re running out of time.

 

So I really must ask,

“When will he come?”

Jesus I mean

To set up his kingdom.

 

The fact is, no one knows

Just when he will come

Even though it could be

Before the setting of the sun.

 

When will he come?

That’s the question for me

But more importantly

 If he does, am I ready?

 

That question I suggest

Should be on every mind,

Not just when he’ll come

But will I be left behind?

 

9 Ways Your Credit Score Can Make Life Heaven or Hell - Debt.com

 

Ask this moment now

Like I am doing as well,

“Am I prepared for heaven

Or on my way to hell?”

 

Are my sins forgiven?

Am I washed in his blood?

Have I trusted in him

To make me whole and good?

 

For there’s no merit in us

That can stir God’s heart,

It’s only what Jesus has done

That provides us the start.

 

Why not open up to him?

Let him come into your heart

And should he come this minute

With him you would depart.

 

Stewart Russell © January 2018

 

No comments:

Post a Comment