Saturday, May 26, 2018

Now


Image result for images for 2Corinthians 6:2 

It is now ten minutes after three
And here I am before my computer
I guess you knew that though
That should produce some laughter.

I guess you also know what I am doing
Right now I am typing; you are smart,
Typing what you need not ask,
This poem you are now reading: that’s a start.

Now we know what each of us is doing
Let me deal with the matter at hand,
It is now three-seventeen in the morning
I am awake; that was not the original plan.

Image result for images sleeping time

But you see ever since retirement
I have no set sleeping time,
I just have this feeling whenever the opportunity
To express what ever is on my mind.

It is not that I cannot sleep
Actually I have slept for a bit before
But right now I am awake
Since I do not feel like sleeping anymore.

I know you are reading this poem now
Because now is when you are reading it,
Whenever we get around to doing something
Now becomes the general habit.

It might not be the same now
As was the original plan
But now is now whenever that is
And that goes for both woman and man.

That brings me to the point;
Someone promises to do something now
But does it five days later,
How could that be? Tell me how.

That may be your query
But it is certainly not mine
Because whenever that something is done
Now would be that time.

Image result for images for 2Corinthians 6:2  

You see the past no longer exists
It is just a memory,
The future never ever comes
Now is the reality.

We spend much time discussing the past
While the now is ever before us,
Short term, mid-term, long term projections;
It is the future about which we fuss.

Hence we are unable to sort out the now
Since the past is always on our mind,
The future beckons and we are not prepared
Little worry about the present time.

Yes, what we currently are going through
Produces some anxiety
But that is nothing compare to the outlook
As though living tomorrow now is a possibility.

Image result for images for 2Corinthians 6:2

I trust by now you have gotten my point
About the importance of the now,
The past is gone; it is gone forever
And the future is not ours however much we vow.

That’s why promises are just what they are,
They are simply utterances that we vow
And if ever we make good on their delivery
That can only be done when that time is now

Nothing in the past changes anything now,
The past does not have that power,
Neither does the future, whatever we may think,
The ultimate reality is the present hour.

Image result for images for 2Corinthians 6:2

The Bible makes this point particularly clear
The address is 2Corinthians 6 and verse 2,
Before continuing go to that location now
And see what it says to me and to you.

The emphasis is now; it is mentioned twice,
It is a matter worth contemplation,
Now is the accepted time,” it says
Now is the day of salvation.”

Do not take the now in this matter lightly
For it has to do with one’s destiny,
It is not a concern about the future tomorrow
But about one’s future eternally.

Image result for images for 2Corinthians 6:2

The truth about this matter ultimately is
That now is the present reality,
It is in the now that one must act
To procure a favourable destiny.

God is not slack concerning His promise
But in the now is long suffering to all of us,
He is not willing that any of us should perish
But that in the now accept His Son, Jesus.

Right now if you hear his voice
Harden not your heart,
Come to him right this very moment
Right now would be the best time to start.

Stewart Russell © November 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment