Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Into April


Image result for images for April

Well we are into April
And what have we got?
The year is at high speed
That is what!

What have you achieved?
If anything
At least one resolution
Would be reason to sing.

April showers are with us
I am thankful,
We really need the rain
Be a grateful people.

I’ve lost some friends
Both young and old,
So far I am still here 
At least so I’ve been told.

Funerals every week
I wish they would stop
But then I have been attending
So for me no cemetery plot.

We’re awaiting an election
I wonder when it’ll be called,
Some people don’t mind
Others are appalled.

There is quite a bit of apathy
That’s not so good,
But people should keep promises
They really should.

The road fatalities continue
With two on Easter Sunday,
Just an error in judgment
And two are gone death’s way.

We still have the homicides
Both stabbings and shootings,
More stabbings lately
In a matter of speaking.
  
A lull in school incidents
But then schools are on vacation,
Less activity in the van stand
And at the police station.

Common Entrance is on the way
As well as CSEC and CAPE
To be followed by graduations
In these examinations’ wake.

By then we may be in May
Implying those who remain
So I’ll stop here for now
And revisit the first verse again.

Image result for images for April

Well we are into April
And do you see what we’ve got?
Quite a number of things
We had hoped would have stopped.

Let’s major on the affirmations
And minor on the negations
And if there is some approbation
Let’s be grateful for the commendation.

Stewart Russell © April 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment