Tuesday, May 22, 2018

More on the “X”


Image result for images for the letter X 

A little more on the “X”
Not the election this time
But words beginning with it
A little interesting I find

In the first place 
What’s the importance of the “E”?
“X”doesn’t need any help
I am sure you can see


Image result for images for the letter X

In its original form
“X”comes with an “E”
So why add another?
Just let the “X”be

 With this in mind 
Let’s Xamine the implications
I trust this Xercise
Will pique your imagination

The English language
Is often not Xact
One word several meanings
That’s a fact

Some find this Xciting
I find it Xhausting
And as to using the “E”
I am at a lost

Image result for images for the letter X

There is no problem with X-ray
Or X-rated for that matter
But we would fret about Xit
And Xact would be a bother

I will give more Xamples
As I Xplain some more
Don’t Xert too much
Or you’ll Xperience boredom

It’s Xceedingly great
When someone Xcels
But there’s an Xception
When they don’t Xecute well
  
Failures are Xcluded
From higher Xams
And are Xhorted to Xhibit
A more Xtensive plan

In our language
Far more anomalies Xist
But you should get the point
From my Xplicable list


Image result for images for exploring

You need not be an Xpert
To Xplore
Continue to Xperiment
And you’ll Xcavate some more

I trust my Xposition
Xceeds your Xpectation
And to a great Xtent
Xpounds my Xplanation

I will now Xtricate myself
From this Xpedition
And Xpend my time
In more meaningful Xploration

Here is an Xtra stanza
Though Xtremely Xercising
“X”before a consonant Xcels
Any other is Xasperating

Stewart Russell © May 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment