Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Why Can’t Everyone Be Like Us?

 

How to start and finish a puzzle -- in GIFs | CNN

 

Sometimes I sit and wonder

Why people can’t be like you and me,

Why they must be so different

I am sometimes at pains to see.

 

Like for example a friend of ours

We just don’t see eye to eye,

We scarcely look at one another

And prefer to pass each other by.

 

But take you on the other hand

I like how you and I get along,

It seems we seldom disagree

And so neither of us is wrong.

 

If only the world were like us

 Imagine the harmony there would be,

Everyone would see eye to eye

Just like you and me.

 

How to start and finish a puzzle -- in GIFs | CNN

 

I looked at a puzzle the other day

And no two pieces were alike,

Yet they fit so smugly together

And everything appeared quite right.

 

The whole picture caught my eye

Togetherness was the theme,

Though each piece was different

They created a lovely scene.

 

That picture causes me to think

About how I started this poem:

That because people are so different

This would be the problem.

 

Well that puzzle proves me wrong

It is the other way around

For if variety is the spice of life

Then diversity must be found.

 

Pigs in Muck - YouTube

 

If everybody were like you and me

Then we would all be stuck in a rut,

Pigs appear to be quite the same

No wonder they are always in muck.

 

So, if at times we rub each other

It might be we’re coming together

Just like the pieces of that puzzle

That snugly fit to one another.

 

Stewart Russell (c) March 2019

 

No comments:

Post a Comment