Monday, March 18, 2024

Somebody's before Somebody

 

You Were Bought at a Price (1 Corinthians 6:20) 2.1 - YouTube

 

Yes, there is a difference

Between these two:

Somebody’s and Somebody

‘Tis very true.

 

I am somebody’s

Before I am somebody,

This is so both physically

And socially.

 

I am somebody

Because I am somebody’s,

Were it not for my parents

I’d be nobody.

 

There is nobody

And there is a nobody:

The former has never existed

And the latter is socially.

 

Vagrant | Method Moda

 

If one is a nobody

That one is frowned upon

And more often is regarded

As a nobody’s son.

 

Lacking in status,

The lowest of the lows

And in dress and behaviour,

This is likely to show.

 

However, though,

He is still somebody

Due to the unmistakable fact

He is here physically.

 

Born of a woman

Thus, the seed of a man,

But very unlike Jesus Christ

In redemption’s plan.

 

Jesus Paid it All part 1 - March 21, 2021 - YouTube

 

Jesus the God-Man

Was the seed of the woman

Only in so much as to effect

Salvation’s plan.

 

I am somebody’s

Before I was somebody,

Not only physically and socially

But also spiritually.

 

Possessed by Christ

And born of the Spirit,

I am spiritually somebody

Though not by merit.

 

Bought back

By his atoning blood,

Jesus did for depraved me

What no one else could.

 

Being God’s child

Makes me not only somebody’s

But in Christ Jesus

I am somebody.

 

Born again

Not of the will of man

But of the blessed Holy Spirit-

The Triune plan.

 

I am somebody’s:

Owned by the Trinity

And this makes me somebody

Because of Christ in me.

 

 What is the meaning of redemption and redeemed in the Bible? | NeverThirsty

 

Redeemed by the Father

Redeemed through the Son,

Kept in the Holy Spirit-

They Three-in-One.

 

Somebody’s, I am God’s,

Somebody in Christ,

Possessed by the Holy Spirit,

They three suffice.

 

Somebody's before Somebody

A physical and spiritual fact,

Born of the flesh and of the Spirit

Let's give thanks for that.

 

Stewart Russell © March 18, 2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment