Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Trust Is a Choice

 

Boris Kodjoe Quote: “I believe trust is a choice.”


Trust is a choice

Though sometimes automatic,

In the norms of life

It’s a daily habit.

 

Trusting for food

And life and health,

Basic trust I would call this

For others and self.

 

If we have the means

We just move ahead,

For most it’s no ordeal

They expect to be fed.

 

But there are some

That face a difficulty here

Such that even food for them

Is a critical care.

 

Automatic trust for some

Is a problem for others

And regarding essentials

This is a bother.

 

Boris Kodjoe Quote: “I believe trust is a choice.”

 

The point I am making

Is when trust is a choice,

When in the trial we ask,

Where is God’s voice?

 

It’s not nearly as audible

As we have come to believe

And we somehow feel

We have been deceived.

 

It is at such times

When trust is a choice,

We must choose to trust God

And we will hear his voice…

 

Above the tumult

That is blocking our hearing

And revealing once again

A God that is caring.

 

For He always speaks

Even when we cannot hear

And he says, “Trust me,

For I always care.”

 

Boris Kodjoe Quote: “I believe trust is a choice.”

 

Trusting is a choice

In the most difficult of times,

This is not the basic trust

Like the everyday kind.

 

Some people boast

“I don’t worry or fret,

Whatever I trust God for

I always get.”

 

What they don’t tell you

Is that they have the means

And what’s mundane for them

For others is a scream.

 

Some open their fridges

And are confused by their options,

Others far less fortunate

Have no fridges to open.

 

Some have nothing to wear;

Meaning nothing new,

The challenge for others is:

Which of their two?

 

And while some presently

Discuss their children’s future

Other’s present presents

A very grim picture.

 

Boris Kodjoe Quote: “I believe trust is a choice.”

 

In times of great dilemma

Trust is a choice,

And especially when…

God’s is the missing voice.

 

Remember He is speaking

He never stops,

Let Him clear the line

At the point where it is blocked.

  

And you will hear,

“Trust me, my child, just trust me!”

Trust is a choice

I trust that you see.

 

Stewart Russell © September 18, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment