Monday, March 25, 2024

Another Word for Trust

 

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Bible verse (KJV) - DailyVerses.net

 

Except…

 Ye become as a little child!

Not necessarily

As in meek and mild…

 

Nor for your sojourn

 Pure and undefiled

But trusting in God

As your chosen lifestyle.

 

But what is trust?

Please explain!

Is there a single word?

A one-word refrain?

 

O yes, there is!

Can’t you guess?

Well, no bother…

On one word I rest.

 

Ken Follett Quote: “No storm can shake my inmost calm While to that rock  I'm clinging Since Love is Lord of heaven and earth How can I keep ...”

 

“Cling to the Lord

With all thy heart…”

Find this verse

And you’ve got a start.

 

Something is wrong

But no need to fuss,

You won’t see cling

But there is trust.

 

“Trust in the Lord

With all thy heart…”

Cling fits in nicely,

How’s that for a start?

 

To hold on tightly

Or tenaciously:

That’s what cling means

Check a dictionary.

 

It’s not in the Bible

That’s my assertion…

Well certainly not

In the King James version.

 

Ken Follett Quote: “No storm can shake my inmost calm While to that rock  I'm clinging Since Love is Lord of heaven and earth How can I keep ...”

 

Trust is confidence:

“On such you can lean”,

Very similar to cling

If you see what I mean.

 

I recall a youngster

Being spanked by his mom,

She would push him away

But back to her he’d run.

 

Despite the spanking

Staying away was refused,

The source of his pain

Was his only refuge.

 

He clung to his mother’s apron

Is the example given:

The only place of comfort

Whatever peril threatened!

 

To whom would we go?

Peter did ask,

When many turned away

From the Saviour’s path.

 

Ken Follett Quote: “No storm can shake my inmost calm While to that rock  I'm clinging Since Love is Lord of heaven and earth How can I keep ...”

 

To the Saviour cling

Whatever the fuss!

Cling, I hope you see,

Is another word for trust.

 

Lean is in there too,

We have synonyms three:

Lean and trust and cling

All speak of safety.

 

Stewart Russell © September 21, 2020

 

No comments:

Post a Comment